Innovations That Inspire FAQs
Deadline Extended - Submit by November 30.
What is the theme for the 2020 Innovations That Inspire?
The 2020 Innovations That Inspire challenge invites members of AACSB’s Business Education Alliance to identify ways they are serving as Catalysts for Innovation—a key opportunity of AACSB’s Collective Vision for Business Education. Submissions that highlight business schools’ leadership in supporting entrepreneurship, intrapreneurship, and innovation are encouraged. Featured submissions will fall into one of two categories:
- Interdisciplinary Collaborations
- Community Engagement
When is the deadline to provide a submission for the 2020 Innovations That Inspire?
All submissions must be finalized by Friday, November 30, 2019 (this is an extension of the prior deadline).
My school is not accredited by AACSB. Can we still submit an innovation?
Yes! The Innovations That Inspire challenge is open to all educational members of AACSB’s Business Education Alliance.
What are the questions on the submission form?
The following questions are asked of each submission (each answer must be 250 words or less):
- Please provide a description of the motivation behind considering or implementing the innovation.
- Please provide a description of the innovation itself, including any applicable areas such as timeframe, structure, objectives, process, activities, etc.
- Please provide a description of the impact the innovation has made, and/or anticipated future impact.
Additionally, each submission should be tagged with any relevant categories (provided within the form) and may also include up to three reference links.
May I submit multiple innovations?
Yes. Each insitution is allowed a maximum of two submissions. Submissions that have previously been recognized as highlights of the Entrepreneurship Spotlight Challenge or Innovations That Inpsire in 2016, 2017, 2018, or 2019 may not be submitted for the 2020 challange.
Important: Please coordinate across all divisions of the business school or institution. Multiple individuals or divisions across the institution may collaborate on selecting and/or providing content for innovation submissions. Please identify one person to be the “submitter” on behalf of the school. If multiple persons have provided submissions and/or submissions number more than two per institution, it could result in disqualification from the recognition process.
How many innovations will be selected from each school?
For the spotlight that will occur at ICAM 2020, only one innovation will be selected from a submitting school. The others will remain within the full collection of innovations within the Innovations That Inspire search in DataDirect Quick Reports.
Once I start the submission form, will I be able to save it and return to it at a later time?
Yes! The online platform enables you to save your work and return at a later time. Your submission is not considered complete until you click the "Save and Finalize" button. Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
How will AACSB use the information I provide about our Innovation?
Each completed submission will be available in DataDirect Quick Reports. A select number of innovations will also be highlighted during ICAM 2020, and content will be used by AACSB in future marketing and communications efforts.
What is the value of submitting innovations in the case our submission is not formally recognized?
- All submissions will be featured in DataDirect, joining a collection of 800+ peer innovations from prior years— enhancing the potential for collaboration within AACSB's business education alliance.
- Sharing your innovations with AACSB enhances our efforts to advocate for the value of business education. Help students, employers, and society understand the exciting impact of AACSB member schools!
- Highlighted innovations will achieve additional exposure to a potential audience of 100+ million through press releases, the AACSB Blog, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and aacsb.edu.