FAQs: Innovations That Inspire Member Spotlight Program
The submission period is now closed. Highlights will be announced in April 2022.
What is the Innovations That Inspire member spotlight program?
Now in its seventh year, AACSB's annual Innovations That Inspire member spotlight program recognizes AACSB member schools that are serving as champions of change in the business education landscape. The theme varies each year.
What is the theme for the 2022 Innovations That Inspire?
Now in its seventh year, AACSB's 2022 Innovations That Inspire member spotlight program seeks to highlight business school initiatives that are elevating diversity and inclusion across these areas:
- Academia: initiatives related to faculty, learners, curriculum, learning experiences, research, culture, cross-disciplinary efforts, or school operations.
- Community or society: initiatives including outreach efforts, community impact, or community partnerships or projects at the local, regional, or global level.
- Business or workplace: initiatives such as industry partnerships or collaborations, applied projects or research, or recruitment or leadership development efforts.
Submissions that are unique and impactful are encouraged and are not limited to the examples provided above.
When is the deadline to provide a submission for the 2022 Innovations That Inspire?
The submission period closed on October 15, 2021.
My school is not accredited by AACSB. Can we still submit an innovation?
Yes! The Innovations That Inspire challenge is open to all educational members of AACSB’s Business Education Alliance.
What are the questions on the submission form?
The following questions are asked of each submission (each answer must be 250 words or less):
- Please describe what motivated or prompted the innovation.
- Please describe the innovation itself, including any applicable areas such as timeframe, structure, objectives, process, activities, etc.
- Please describe the impact, particularly in regards to elevating diversity and inclusion, the innovation has made, and/or anticipated future impact.
Additionally, each submission should be tagged with any relevant categories (provided within the form) and may also include up to three reference links.
May I submit multiple innovations?
Yes. Each insitution is allowed a maximum of two submissions. Submissions that have previously been recognized as highlights of the Entrepreneurship Spotlight Challenge or Innovations That Inpsire initiative in 2016-2021 may not be submitted for the 2022 member spotlight program.
Important: Please coordinate across all divisions of the business school or institution and identify one person to be the “submitter” on behalf of the school. If multiple persons have provided submissions and/or submissions number more than two per institution, it could result in disqualification from the recognition process.
How many innovations will be selected from each school?
A panel of volunteers will review all submissions and select a small number as highlights of the 2022 Innovations That Inpsire member spotlight program. All submissions will be added to the full collection of innovations within the Innovations That Inspire search in DataDirect Quick Reports.
Once I start the submission form, will I be able to save it and return to it at a later time?
Yes! The online platform enables you to save your work and return at a later time. Your submission is not considered complete until you click the "Save and Finalize" button. Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
How do I access my account?
Your login for all other AACSB platforms will work in the submission system. You may verify your account through the AACSB Member Portal.
How will AACSB use the information I provide about our Innovation?
Each completed submission will be available in DataDirect Quick Reports. A select number of innovations will also be featured as highlights of the 2022 Innovations That Inspire, with recognition on the AACSB website, social media channels, and other online content. Schools will have the opportunity to review online content prior to announcement of the 2022 Innovations That Inspire highlights.
What is the value of participating in the Innovations That Inpsire member spotlight program?
- Sharing your innovations with AACSB enhances our efforts to advocate for the value of business education, helping students, employers, and society understand the exciting impact of AACSB member schools!
- All submissions will be featured in DataDirect, joining a collection of more than 1,000 peer innovations from prior years— enhancing the potential for collaboration within AACSB's business education alliance.
- Highlighted innovations will achieve additional exposure to a potential global audience of 100+ million through PR and social media outreach, AACSB Insights articles, AACSB Explores videos, and more.
When will I know if our submission will be featured as a 2022 highlight?
Highlights will be selected in February 2022. Schools will be notified of selection decisions at that time. AACSB will publicly announce highlights of the 2022 Innovations That Inspire member spotligh program in April 2022.