2018 'Innovations' Submission Categories:
To recognize institutions that stand at the forefront of innovation, AACSB International developed Innovations That Inspire to highlight ways that business schools are changing the face of business education. For the 2018 Innovations That Inspire challenge, AACSB invited all academic members of its Business Education Alliance to identify how they have inspired new approaches to thinking across the leadership development ecosystem through three distinct areas:
- Strengthening the Understanding of Effective Leadership Development—ways that business schools are partnering with business or industry clusters to generate credible information and insights on effective leadership practices, leadership development priorities, and the effectiveness of different leadership approaches.
- Enhancing Approaches to Leadership Education and Development—innovations in business schools’ approaches to leadership development through degree and non-degree educational offerings, as well as within corporate training or learning departments. This may include partnerships with business and community groups, as well as with other disciplines.
- Cultivating the Business School Leadership Pipeline—how business schools are developing their own leadership pipelines, supporting the development of essential skills for impactful leadership, and preparing individuals in positions of leadership to implement change, lead people, and think strategically within the academic enterprise.
2018 'Innovations' Recognition Process:
A selection of Innovations will be spotlighted the week of April 16, 2018, through a collaborative communications and social media campaign. They will also be featured on the 2018 Innovations That Inspire website, and will be highlighted at AACSB's International Conference and Annual Meeting (ICAM) in Honolulu, Hawaii, USA, April 22-24, 2018.
All submissions, both spotlighted or not, will be accessible for members through AACSB’s complete collection of Innovations within DataDirect's Quick Reports, allowing for viewing, searching, and benchmarking across all submitted innovations, including from previous years.
For those institutions that participated in the 2018 challenge, a few points of note related to the recognition process:
- Notifications for the innovations that will be spotlighted at ICAM will occur the week of February 26, 2018.
- Institutions will be notified whether or not an innovation was selected. Accordingly, the individual who is designated within the Innovations portal as the primary point of contact will be notified directly via email.
All submitted innovations have the potential to be featured in later AACSB communication and social media channels, reports, and/or conferences.